The CRP does not automatically gather any personal information from you.
This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily through contacting CRP via email or online forms.
When visiting CRP websites, our servers automatically collect a limited amount of information essential to the operation and evaluation of our websites. This information includes:
- pages from which you arrived
- date and time of your page request,
- Internet Protocol (IP) address your computer is using to receive information,
- type and version of your browser
- name and size of the file you requested
- device or technology you may be using
The personal information you submit through any online forms (including email subscriptions, landing pages, other lead capture forms) is collected to:
- send alerts and notifications you have subscribed to, including your mobile device;
- get in touch if you contact CRP;
- send you marketing emails from a CRP address if you have opted-in to receive emails from us or have transacted with us, and as permitted by law.
- You can unsubscribe from such communication at any time as each email has an opt-out URL.
This information is not used to identify individuals who come to the CRP’s websites.
All personal information is considered confidential and will not be used for any purposes other than what it was obtained for.
Cookies are temporary files that may be placed on your hard drive while you visit a website. Cookies are used to track how visitors use any of CRP’s websites, but CRP does not store personal information through cookies, nor does the CRP collect personal information from you without your knowledge as you browse this website.
Any cookies on calgaryregion.ca and our other sites are used to aid in the collection of anonymous statistical information such as:
- browser type
- screen size,
- traffic patterns,
- pages visited.
This information helps CRP improve our websites and service to citizens. It is not disclosed to any third parties. However, if you are concerned about cookies, you can adjust your web browser to reject all cookies.
All site features with the exception of the interactive map should function normally if cookies are disabled.
Privacy and External Links